Raise smart kids with our worksheets, activities and learning tools!
Good afternoon friends,
Today I'd like to share our 4th of July Worksheets for preschoolers. I made these for Bella a couple of years ago for the 4th of July unit (which we didn't do till last year when she was 3, oops :)).
I hope you and your kiddos have fun with them as you celebrate Independence Day.
1. Pre-writing worksheet - this one is just a link (see below)
4th of July Preschool Pre-Writing Worksheet Flag Tracing
2. Printable Popsicle stick activity for Independence Day
3. 4th of July math worksheet
We also have a printable Independence Day Notebooking Page for Elementary to Middle School ...more
- I love green kitchen tips, so I am very happy to say that I discovered a trick today that I will use for the rest of my life. I would almost call it a "hack", but it probably isn't worthy of that honor.
I love, love, love good smells; whether it is candles, flowers, herbs, etc. I obviously can't use aerosol air fresheners in the kitchen, but I do buy different Glade thingies and tuck them in various places.
In honor of all things green, I present to you an alternative - Spearmint Bouquet! We have a ton of spearmint in the ...more
Here's the weather worksheet I made for Bella (when she was 3) to teach her about weather and she did an awesome job coloring the pictures and writing the types of weather in it. We talked about different seasons and what kinds of weather they bring. I haven't done the daily temperature log with her, but she's about ready now, so we will definitely be doing it. (Is 4 too young for weather charts? :))
Preschool Science Worksheet - Weather
This is a cool website created by a meteorologist to teach kids about weather:
I have also used the weather section on the Science ...more
- Teaching your preschoolers to write is fun, but can be frustrating, too. When I started teaching Bella at 2 years old, some days I felt like she'll never draw a straight line or like there will not come a day when she'll recognize the letters I am showing to her. Usually, we practiced a different letter each day in no particular order. I would make dotted letters and she would trace them. If she could trace 3 out of 5 letters, I counted that as a victory. As I look back, I realize that at 2, kids still have plenty ...more
Here are our 2 US geography worksheets. There are no images for them, so just click on the link to be taken to the PDF file.
The "I know my states" worksheet features an outline of the map of the USA and ask students to color the map (find a different color for each state). It is meant for elementary school students and is a great way to assess they US geography knowledge.
Geography worksheet I know my states 1-5
The "Identifying states - Northern US" worksheet can be used for both elementary and early middle school students. It features the map of ...more
- Today I'm sharing a few of our order of operations worksheets. They are really simple, but they are great if your kids need some practice with order of operations. To download a worksheet, simply click on the image and save the PDF file.
Do your kids need help with order of operations?
1. Try this book
2. View the Khan Academy Order of Operations Tutorial more
- Our science and art unit for the day was on rockets and space.
We read Roaring Rockets by Tony Mitton and Ant Parker and Space Exploration Kids by Donald Sullivan and then we did a footprint rocket craft.
We had so much fun :). Hope you enjoy this activity, too.
We used a stamp to ink her foot.
And stamped it on a piece of paper.
Glued on the parts of the rocket.
Traced "R" for rocket.
And added the nice cloud of burning gas: Blast Off! more
When I teach Bella, I try to offer activities that help develop different knowledge and skills and cover multiple subjects. When I was putting together her curriculum for this week, I found this great kids activity on the British History Museum website. If you've never been there, you should check it out. They have a wonderful kids section.
Anyway, Bella loves all things princess, so when I saw the museum's take on the ancient crown found in a tomb in Afghanistan, I was very excited. Their website has very good instructions, detailing how to make the replica.
The story is that the ...more
We got this lovely apron at Michael's and for a few months I wasn't sure how I was going to personalize it for Bella.
Saw the acrylic paint stamping idea on Pinterest and figured it would be something neat to try with her.
So I cut out a heart shape and Bella dabbed the pencil eraser into acrylic paint and stamped along the heart shape.
Of course, it's a little messy, but aren't all preschool crafts? 🙂
I'm thinking of adding an applique with her name on it above the heart.
Sorry about the low quality pics, I took them with my tablet. more
- Valentine's Day is coming up and I wanted to make some sort of a decoration, something cute. Since I gave up on doing crafts uninterrupted 4 yeas ago (when Bella was born), I had to come up with an idea that she could be involved in, on top of the Valentine's Day paper crafts that we've already done as part of her art studies.
So I decided on a button heart wall art to match the colors of her "Owl room."
I painted a plain picture frame that we got from Hobby Lobby with an acrylic gloss paint in "Fresh Lime."
While I ...more
Learn more about RainbowTreeKids.
Can’t find what you were looking for? We are young and are always adding worksheets, activities and kids learning resources. Follow us to get the latest!
Images on this page are a courtesy of www.freedigitalphotos.net